Navigation

Vroom! Vroom! | Part 2

Monday, August 6, 2012

WHEW! What a FUN and EXHAUSTING weekend! Let me try break it down for you! Saturday I had a wonderful wedding in Port Gamble, WA. Oh my goodness, I could go on, and on, and on, and ON about how much I just adore this tiny historic town. It's so precious and beautiful! Not, to mention- you can literally walk the entire town in 4 or 5 blocks. (Awesome.)

This photo was taken with my Iphone on my Instagram (follow me: KelsiPitts) Of the BEAUTIFUL wedding venue at the historic church.

I also saw a ton of people that I knew growing up in my old neighborhood in Silverdale, WA. It's so nice to see familiar faces!

Here are a couple of my favorite shots from the wedding-

Congratulations Becca & Brandon- Your wedding was beautiful, and so is your love for each other! I wish you life long happiness & a nice relaxing honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta!!

After the wedding I met up with my wonderful boyfriend at Hop Jacks in Silverdale to talk about our day and, to sit and relax after a long and fun day of shooting. Zack and Tim spent all of Saturday at the race track practicing laps, etc. We also talked about meeting up there on Sunday for me to photograph them driving/racing their Karts.


On Sunday, I had a maternity photo shoot in the early morning at Old Mill Park in Silverdale, WA. They are expecting a baby girl next month.. I can't wait to do our newborn shoot and met her!
After the shoot I got in the car and drove out to Spanaway, WA. to meet the boys at Mountain Hi-Way Karting track where I watched them prepare the karts, and take laps around the track. Yesterday was just a practice day- so people who are members of the track can come and unlock the gate and have use of the track (during specific hours of the day). They actually get unlimited uses to the track all year as well. (score!) Anyway, because it was just a practice day Zack & Tim were pretty much the only ones there besides a dad and his 8 year old (or so) son who had a kart & was practicing his driving.

 Below is a photo of the little guy- it's so adorable seeing the little kids driving! 


So when I got there Zack was coaching Tim on the track explaining different ways to drive in the correct areas, where the breaking zone is, etc. It's pretty interesting listening to all the little details that viewers tend to not think about. It's definitely not just driving around on a track, there is a ton of strategy that comes with Karting and all motorsports.


There are tires that are located all the way around the track in spots where people can spin off and the tires protect them from ramming into that chain link fence you see here in the photo below... or anything else.
Another thing you have to watch out for in the tires are wasp nests. When I was taking photos I was out on the track (in safe areas.) Taking photos, but I had to make sure not to step on any of the tires when I moved positions and went to the other side of the track. I almost stepped on a tire and as I looked down low and behold, a wasp! haha. Good thing Zack told me to be careful about that. That could have been a very painful photographing experience. 


Below is a photo of my handsome boyfriend, Zack. He is putting on his rib protector before zipping up his suit. These are VERY important to wear while you're Karting. (Aren't I such a good paparazzi?) 







Tim had to make some changes in the gear ratio and the sprocket alignment before hitting the track. This took a good 45 minutes or so. So, of course to keep myself entertained I took photos

When they are talking about all of this stuff, and the different numbers, alignments, etc- it's a completely different language to me. It's very interesting though. Just one day at the track and I learned so much!



Here are some shots of Zack zooming past me.






And, here are some of Tim!






And what a great day it was! Not to mention, it was the HOTTEST day of the year so far! It was a steamy 96 degrees at the track yesterday. I was sweating beads. We aren't used to that type of heat over here in Western Washington. I am not complaining though, love this sunshine!

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL weekend like we did, and got to enjoy the sunshine! Happy Monday!



0 comments:

Post a Comment