Navigation

Vroom! Vroom!

Friday, August 3, 2012

I have one busy upcoming weekend! Saturday I have wedding in Port Gamble, WA. Super excited for it, and to top it off- it's supposed to be the nicest weekend of the entire year so far! { insert happy dance } Sunday I have a family photo shoot in the morning, and then I am on my way to take some high speed photos of my boyfriend Zack & our friend Tim who will be racing Karts. I have taken high speed, gotta be able to have perfect timing before with surfing.. but I've NEVER photographed motorsports before. This shall-
  1. Be a learning experience 
  2. FUN!
  3. Make me want to race.
The boys are outside the apartment tonight preparing the karts for this weekend, I decided to do what I like to do best & that's take photos...

Before I started to date Zack I never heard of KART racing... or maybe I did, I just didn't really learn about it or read into it further- probably associated it with 'Go-Carts' Which, let me tell you- is a completely different category. 
I know my only real challenge this weekend with the high-speed racing is going to be timing. That's always gotta be something you have to work on, and practice makes perfect...right?!

The red Kart is Tim's (the one they are working on tonight.) And, the blue one is my boyfriend, Zacks. 



Want to hear a funny story?
Personal Experience driving a Kart: So Zack, Tim and I all decided to take Zack's Kart to an open parking lot to drive it around and get a feel for it. (This is before Tim ever got his Kart)  First- Zack puts his neck brace on, then his helmet and gets into the Kart. Next thing I know- Zack starts zooming past us SO fast! I was starting to get a little nervous at this point to drive when I saw how FAST Zack was driving. This was NO go-cart...this was a go-cart that drank WAY to many energy drinks. Next- Tim got his helmet on, and got into the Kart and started driving around the parking lot. I remember that I looked at Zack and giggled, "TIM IS DRIVING SO SLOW!!" So- Anyway Tim drives around and then it's my turn. I am excited, and nervous, and I just want to drive! So, I get the helmet on and I get into the Kart... "WOW! I AM GOING SO FAST" Was all that kept going through my mind.... so I thought anyway. When I parked the kart (after accidently spinning out and putting a bald spot on Zack's tire sorry, babe.) I got out and was boasting "Did you see how fast I drove!??" yadda yadda yadda. Zack looked at me and shook his head....
"Kelsi, you were driving slower than Tim."


Bam. Right then I put everything in perspective.... 

HOLY FAST KART, BATMAN! 


Anyway- that went a tad off subject of this whole blog post- but it just kind of give you an idea of how fast these Karts go. They can go in a 0-100 in just a couple SECONDS. That's nuts!!


I am excited to watch the boys race around and for me to try my hand at photographing them! Stay tuned for Sunday's post later in the evening, I'll post photos from the track, racing, and maybe some other photos here and there.

Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!

 

1 comments:

  1. If only you could get Zack to put his sunglasses on the FRONT of his head :D

    Can't wait to see the photos!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete